Let’s get a quick overview of Elastic Beanstalk from an AWS certification perspective. We will look at important certification questions regarding Elastic Beanstalk.
You will learn
- What is AWS Elastic Beanstalk?
- Why do we need AWS Elastic Beanstalk?
- When do you use AWS Elastic Beanstalk?
AWS Certification Study Material and Notes - 25 PDF Cheat Sheets
Each cheat sheet contains:
- FAQs and Tutorials with 5-20 slides
- Study Material and Notes to quickly review and prepare for certification exam
- Certification Exam Tips
- Certification and Interview Scenario Questions
AWS Elastic BeanStalk
AWS Elastic BeanStalk is the Simplest way to deploy and scale your web application in AWS. It provides end-to-end web application management.
AWS Elastic BeanStalk Supports Java, .NET, Node.js, PHP, Ruby, Python, Go, and Docker applications
AWS Elastic BeanStalk has No usage charges - Pay only for AWS resources you provision.
AWS Elastic BeanStalk Features include:
- Automatic load balancing
- Auto scaling
- Managed platform updates
- Application health monitoring
AWS Elastic Beanstalk Concepts
Let’s look at some of the important Elastic Beanstalk Concepts:
Application - A container for environments, versions and configuration
Application Version - A specific version of deployable code (stored in S3)
Environment - An application version deployed to AWS resources. You can have multiple environments running different application versions for the same application.
- For batch applications, use worker tier
- For web applications, use web server tier
AWS Elastic BeanStalk - Remember
Here are a few important things that you would need to remember about AWS Elastic BeanStalk:
- You retain full control over AWS resources created
- Ideal for simple web applications
- NOT ideal for microservices architectures
- You can access server logs without logging into the server
- Logs can be stored in Amazon S3 or in CloudWatch Logs
- You can choose to apply patches and platform updates automatically
- Metrics are send to Amazon CloudWatch
- You can configure SNS notifications based on health
- Delete your environment!